Eder shall mean Eder UK, a private limited company incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 11028645 whose registered office address is 950 Great West Road, Brentford, Middlesex, TW14 0AY
The policy applies to users of Eder’s services anywhere in the world including users of Eder apps, websites, features or other services. This policy applies to
- Riders: users who request or receive transport
- Drivers: users who provide transport individually or through partners
The practices described in this policy are subject to applicable laws in the places in which we operate. This means that we only engage in the practices described in this policy in a country or region if permitted under the laws of those places. Please contact us if you have questions on our practices in your country or region.
Who is the controller of the data that you provide to us?
Eder Limited is registered as a data controller in the United Kingdom for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998. If you live in the United Kingdom, the Data Controller is Eder 950 Great West Road, Brentford, Middlesex, TW14 0AY.We ensure that the data you supply to us is processed fairly and lawfully, and with skill and care and used only for the purposes set out in this policy. Questions, comments and complaints about Eder’s data practices can be submitted to Eder’s data protection office.
What we collect
We may collect the following information
- Information that you provide to Eder such as when you create your Eder account which includes
(a) User profile: We collect information when you create or update your Eder account. This may include your name, email address, phone number, login name, password, address, payment or banking information (including related payment verification information), government identification numbers such as driving licence or passport if required by law, date of birth, photo and signature. This also includes driver vehicle or insurance information. This also includes the preferences and settings that you enable for your Eder account.
(b) Background check information: We may collect background check information if you sign up to use Eder’s services as a driver partner. This may include information such as your driving history or criminal record (where permitted by law).
(c) User content:We may collect information that you submit when you contact Eder customer support, provide feedback, ratings or compliments for other users, drivers or otherwise contact Eder
- Information created when you use our services, such as location, usage and device information which includes:
(a) Location information: Depending on the Eder services you use and your app settings or device permissions, we may collect your precise or approximate location information as determined through data such as GPS, IP address and Wi-Fi. If you are a driver, Eder collects location information when the Eder app is running in the foreground (app open and onscreen) or background (app open but not onscreen) of your device. If you are a rider and have provided permission for the processing of location data, Eder collects location information when the Eder app is running in the foreground. In certain regions, Eder also collects this information when the Eder app is running in the background of your device if this collection is enabled through your app settings or device permissions. Riders can use the Eder app without allowing Eder to collect their location information. This may however; affect the functionality of your Eder app. For ex. if you do not allow Eder to collect your location information, you will have to enter your pick-up address manually. In addition, location information will be collected from the driver during your trip and linked to your account, even if you have not allowed Eder to collect your location information.
(b) Transaction information: We collect transaction details related to your use of our services, including the type of services you requested or provided, your booking details, date and time the service provided, amount charged, distance travelled and payment method. Also, if a rider uses your promotion code, we may associate your name with that person.
(c) Usage information: We collect information about how you interact with our services. This includes information such as access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser and third-party sites or services you were using before interacting with our services. In some cases, we collect this information through cookies, pixel tags and similar technologies that create and maintain unique identifiers. To find out more about these technologies, please see our Cookie Statement.
(d) Device information: We may collect information about the devices you use to access our services, including the hardware models, device IP address, operating systems and versions, software, file names and versions, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion information and mobile network information.
(e) Communications data: We enable users to communicate with each other and Eder via the Eder apps, websites and other services. For ex, we enable drivers and riders to call or text each other (in some countries, without disclosing their telephone numbers to each other). To provide this service, Eder receives some information regarding the calls or texts, including the date and time of the call/text and the content of the communications. Eder may also use this information for customer support services (including to resolve disputes between users), for safety and security purposes, to improve our products and services and for analytics.
- Information from other sources, such as Eder partners that use Eder APIs:
- Users providing your information in connection with referral programmes
- Users requesting services for your or on your behalf
- Users or other providing information in connection with claims or disputes
- Eder business partners through which you create or access your Eder account, such as payment providers, social media services, on-demand music services, or apps or websites who use Eder APIs or whose APIs Eder uses (such as when you order a trip on Google Maps)
- Insurance providers (if you are a driver)
- Financial services providers (if you are a driver)
- Partner transport companies (if you are a driver who uses our services through an account associated with such a company)
- The owner of an Eder for Business or Eder Family profile that you use.
- Publicly available sources
- Marketing service providers
Eder may combine the information collected from these sources with other information in its possession.
How we use your information
Eder collects and uses information to enable reliable and convenient transportation, delivery and other product and services. We also use the information we collect:
- To enhance the safety and security of our users and services
- For customer support
- For research and development
- To enable communications to or between users
- To provide promotions or contests
- In connection with legal proceedings
Eder does not sell or share your personal information to third parties for third party direct marketing purposes. Eder uses the information it collects for purposes including:
(a) Providing services and features: Eder uses the information we collect to provide, personalise, maintain and improve our products and services. This includes using information to:
- Create and update your account
- Verify your identity
- Enable transport and other services. This includes automated processing of your information to enable Dynamic pricing, where the price of a trip is determined based on constantly varying factors such as the estimated time and distance of the predicted route, estimated traffic and the number of riders and drivers using Eder at a given time.
- Process or facilitate payments for those services
- Offer, obtain, provide or facilitate insurance or financing solutions in connection with our services.
- Track the progress of your trip or delivery
- Enable features that allow you to share information with other people such as when you submit a feedback or compliment about a driver, refer a friend to Eder, split fares or share your ETA
- Enable features to personalise your Eder account, such as creating bookmarks for your favourite places and to enable quick access to previous destinations
- Enable accessibility features that make it easier for users with disabilities to use our services, such as those that enable deaf or hard-or-heating drivers to alert their riders of their disabilities, allow only text messages from riders and to receiving flashing trip request notifications instead of sound notifications.
- Perform internal operations necessary to provide our services, including to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems, to conduct data analysis, testing and research and to monitor and analyse usage and activity trends.
(b) Safety and security: We use your data to help maintain the safety and integrity of our services and users. This includes, for ex.
- Screening drivers prior to enabling their use of our services and at subsequent intervals, including through reviews of background checks where permitted by law, to prevent use of our services by unsafe drivers.
- Using information from drivers’ devices to identify unsafe driving behaviour such as speeding or harsh braking and acceleration and to raise awareness among drivers regarding such behaviour.
- Our real-time ID checking feature, which prompts drivers to share their profile picture before going online. This helps to ensure that the driver using the app matches the Eder account we have on file, preventing fraud and helping to protect other users.
- Using device, location, profile, usage and other information to prevent, detect and combat fraud or unsafe activities. This includes processing of such information in certain countries, to identify practices or patterns that indicate fraud or risk of safety incidents. This may also include information from third parties. In certain cases, such incidents may lead to deactivation by means of an automated decision-making process. Users in the EU have the right to object this type of processing.
- Using user feedback, ratings to encourage improvement by affected users and as grounds for deactivating users with ratings below a certain minimum as may be required in their region. Calculation and deactivation may be done using an automated decision-making process. Users in the EU have the right to object this type of processing.
(c) Customer support: Eder uses the information we collect (including recording of customer support calls after notice to you and with your consent) to assist you when you contact our customer support services, including to:
- Direct your questions to the appropriate customer support person
- Investigate and address your concerns
- Monitor and improve our customer support responses
(d) Research and development: we may use the information we collect for testing, research, analysis and product development. This allows us to improve and enhance the safety and security of our services, develop new features and products and facilitate insurance and finance solutions in connection with our services.
(e) Communications among users: Eder uses the information we collect to enable communications between our users. For ex. a driver may text or call a rider to confirm a pick-up location.
(f) Communications from Eder: Eder may use the information we collect to communicate with you about your products, services, promotions, studies, surveys, news, updates and events. Eder may also use the information to promote and process competitions and sweepstakes, fulfil any related awards and serve you relevant ads and content about our services and those of our business partners. You may also receive some of these communications based on your profile as an Eder user. Users in the EU have the right to object this type of processing. Eder may also use the information to inform you about elections, ballots, referendums and other political and policy processes that relate to our services.
(g) Legal proceedings and requirements: we may use the information we collect to investigate or address claims, or disputes relating to your use of Eder’s services, or as otherwise allowed by applicable law, or as requested by regulators, government entities and official enquiries.
What we do with the information we gather
Some of Eder’s products, services and features require that we share information with other users or at your request. We may also share your information with our affiliates, subsidiaries and business partners for legal reasons or in connection with claims or disputes. Eder may share the information we collect:
- With other users:
- For ex. if you are a rider, we may share your first name, average rider feedback, rating given by drivers, pick-up and/or drop-off locations with drivers. If you share a ride with another rider, that rider may be told your name and may see your pick-up and/or drop-off location.
- If you are a driver, we may share information with your rider(s) including your name and photo; your vehicle make, model, colour, number plate and photo; location, average feedback, rating provided by riders, total number of trips, how long you have been using the Eder app; contact information (depending upon applicable laws). If you choose to complete a driver profile, we may also share any information associated with that profile, including information that you submit and compliments that previous riders have provided for you. The rider will also receive a receipt containing information such as breakdown of amounts charged, your first name and photo and a map of the route you took.
- At your request: This includes sharing your information with:
- Other people at your request. For ex, we may share your ETA and location with a friend at your request, or your trip information when you split a fare with a friend.
- Eder business partners. For ex, if you requested a service through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party, Eder may share your information with those third parties. This may include, for ex. other apps or websites that integrate with our APIs, vehicle supplier or services, or those with an API or service with which we integrate, or business partners with whom Eder may partner to deliver a promotion, competition or specialised service.
- With the general public when you submit content to a public forum: we love hearing from our users, including through public forums such as Eder blogs, social media and certain feature on our network. When you communicate with us via these channels, your communications may be viewable by the public.
- With the owned of Eder accounts that you may use: If you use a profile associated with another party, we may share your trip information with the owner of that profile. For ex. if you are:
- A rider using your employers Eder for business profile or taking trips arranged through Eder Central
- A driver using an account owned by a partner transport company
- A rider who takes a trip arranged by a friend or under a family profile
- With Eder subsidiaries and affiliates:We share information with our subsidiaries and affiliates to help us provide our services or conduct data processing on our behalf. For ex. Eder processes and stores information in the United Kingdom on behalf of its international subsidiaries and affiliates.
- With Eder service providers and business partners: Eder may provide information to its vendors, consultants, marketing partners, research firms and other service providers or business partners. This may include for ex.
- Payment processors and facilitators
- Background check providers (drivers only)
- Cloud storage providers
- Marketing partners and marketing platform providers
- Data analytics providers
- Research partners, including those performing surveys or research projects in partnership with Eder or on behalf of Eder
- Vendors that assist Eder to enhance the safety and security of its apps
- Consultants, lawyers, accountants and other professional service providers
- Fleet partners
- Insurance and financing partners
- Taxi and other local providers
- Third-party vehicle suppliers
- For legal reasons or in the event of a dispute: Eder may share your information if we believe it is required by applicable law, regulation, operating agreement, legal process or governmental request or where the disclosure is otherwise appropriate due to safety or similar concerns. This includes sharing your information with law enforcement officials, government authorities (if required by the airport authorities as a condition of operating on airport property) or other third parties as necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, user agreement or other policies, to protect Eder’s rights or property or the rights, safety or property of other, or in the event of a claim or dispute relating to your use of our services. If you use another person’s credit card, we may be required by law to share information with that credit card holder, including trip information. This also includes sharing your information with others in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company.
- With your consent:Eder may share your information other than as described in this policy if we notify you and you consent to the sharing.
Your Eder accounts
Eder retains transaction, location, usage and other information for 7 years in connection with regulatory tax, insurance or other requirements in the places in which it operates. Eder therefore deletes or anonymises such information in accordance with applicable laws. Users may request deletion of their accounts at any time. Following such request, Eder deletes the information that it is not required to retain and restrict access to or use of any information it is required to retain. Once such information is no longer necessary to provide Eder’s services, enable customer support, to enhance the user experience or for other operational purposes, Eder takes steps to prevent access to or use of such information for any purpose other than compliance with these requirements or for purposes of safety, security and fraud prevention and detection. You may request deletion of your account at any time through the privacy settings in the Eder app or via Eder’s website (riders and drivers). Following such a request, Eder deletes the information that it is nor required to retain. In certain circumstances, Eder may be unable to delete your account if there is an outstanding credit on your account or an unresolved claim or dispute. Upon resolution of the issue preventing deletion, Eder will delete your account as described above. Eder may also retain certain information if necessary, for its legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention and enhancing user’s safety and security. For ex. if Eder shuts down a user’s account because or unsafe behaviour or security incidents, Eder may retain information about that account to prevent that user from opening a new Eder account in the future.
Information for EU users
As of 25 May 2018, the processing of personal data of users in the European Union is subject to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). This section summarises Eder’s ground for processing personal information under the GDPR and the rights of EU users as relates to Eder’s responsibilities and handling of personal information under this regulation.
(a) EU user rights: If you are an Eder user in the EU, you have the following rights with respect to Eder’s handling of your personal information. Please see further information below to exercise these rights. Users outside the EU may also request explanation, correction, deletion or copies of their personal data.
- Explanation and copies of your data: You have the right to request an explanation of the information that Eder has about you and how Eder uses that information. You also have the right to receive a copy of the information that Eder collects about you if it is collected on the basis of consent or because Eder requires the information to provide the services that you request.
- Correction: If Eder has the information about you that you believe is inaccurate, you have the right to request correction of your information. Please see the section titled ‘Explanation, copies and correction’ below for more information on correcting or requesting correction of your information.
- Deletion: Users can request deletion of their accounts at anytime. Users can request deletion through the Privacy Settings menu in the Eder app or via Eder’s website (riders and drivers). We may retain certain information about you as required by law and for legitimate business purposes permitted by law. Please see the ‘Eder accounts’ section above for more information regarding Eder’s retention and deletion practices.
- Objections and complaints: Users in the EU have the right to object to Eder’s processing of personal data, including for marketing purposes based on profiling and/or automated decision making. Eder may continue to process your information notwithstanding the objection to the extent permitted under GDPR. Users in the EU also have the right to file a complaint relating to Eder’s handling of personal information with the Information Commissioner Office (ICO). Their contact information is as follows:
Information Commissioner Office
You can also submit questions, comments or complaints to Eder’s Data Protection Officer.
(b) Grounds for processing: The GDPR requires that companies processing the personal data of EU users do so based on specific legal grounds. As described below, Eder processes the information of EU users based on one or more of the grounds specified under the GDPR.
- The processing is necessary to provide the services and features you request
- Eder must collect and use certain information in order to provide its services. This includes: User profile information that is necessary to establish and maintain your account, including to verify your identity, enable communications with you about your trips, orders and accounts, to enable you to make or receive payments.
- Background check information necessary to enable drivers to provide transport services through the Eder app
- Driver location information, which is necessary to match drivers with riders, track trips while in progress and suggest navigation
- Transaction information which is necessary to generate and maintain in connection with your use of Eder’s services.
- Usage information, which is necessary to maintain, optimise and enhance Eder’s services, including to determine, sometimes in combination with other information, incentives, connect riders and drivers, calculate costs of trips and driver payments
- Collection and use of this information are a requirement of using Eder’s apps.
- The processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of our users or of others
- Eder may process personal information, including disclosing data to law enforcement authorities in case of threats to the safety of users or of others
- The processing is necessary for Eder’s legitimate interests
- Eder collects and uses personal information to the extent necessary for its legitimate interests. This includes collecting and using information
- To maintain and enhance our user’s safety and security. For ex, we collect background check information (where permitted by law) to prevent unsafe users from providing services through our apps. We also use personal information to prevent use of our services by users who have engaged in in appropriate or dangerous behaviour, such as retaining information of banned users to prevent their use of Eder’s apps. We also use usage information to prevent matching of riders and drivers for whom there is a higher risk of conflict (ex. because they have been subject of prior complaints from other users).
- To prevent, detect and combat fraud in connection with the use of our services.
- To inform law enforcement officials regarding criminal acts or threats to public safety
- To provide customer support
- To optimise our service and develop new services. This includes, identifying the best pick-up/drop-off locations, recommending (new) features, improving navigation, enhancing pricing and matching riders and drivers
- For research and analytical purposes. This includes analysing usage trends to improve user experience and enhance the safety and security of our services.
- For direct marketing purposes. This includes analysing data to identify trends and tailor marketing message to user needs.
- To enforce Eder’s Terms of Service
- The processing is necessary for the legitimate interests of other persons or parties
- Eder collects and uses personal information to the extent necessary for the interest of other persons or the general public. This includes sharing information in connection with legal or insurance claims to protect the rights and safety or others
- Eder may also process personal information when necessary with regardsto substantial public interest on the basis of applicable laws
- The processing is necessary to fulfil Eder’s legal obligations of other persons or parties
- Eder is subject to legal requirements in the jurisdictions in which it operates that require us to collect, process, disclose and retain your personal data. For ex. Eder is subject to laws and regulations in many cities and countries that require us to collect and retain information about your trips to retain such information for extended periods of time and to provide copies of such information to governmental or other authorities. Eder uses your information to comply with such laws to the extent that they apply to your use of the Eder apps.
- Eder may also share information with law enforcement or requests by third parties pursuant to legal processes.
- Eder may collect and use your information based on your consent. You can revoke your consent at anytime. If you revoke your consent, you will not be able to use any services or features that require collection or use of the information we collected or used based on consent.
- Eder relies on consent in connection with data collection or uses the necessary to enhance the user experience to enable optional services or features or to communicate with you. If you are an EU user, the following types of data collection or use or carried out on the basis of your consent.
- Location information (riders)
- Share live location (riders)
- Notifications: Account and trip updates
- Notification: Discounts and news
*Please see the section below for further information about these forms.
*Eder may also collect personal information about you through voluntary surveys.
Eder provides the means for you to see and control the information that Eder collects, including through the in-app privacy settings, device permissions, feedback pages, marketing opt-outs. You can ask Eder to provide you with explanation, copies of your data.
- Privacy Settings: The Privacy Settings menu in the Eder Rider app gives users the ability to set or update their location and contacts sharing preferences and their preferences for receiving mobile notification from Eder. Information on these settings, how to set or change these settings and the effect of turning off these settings are provided below
- Location information:
- Eder uses riders’ device location services to make it easer to get a safe, reliable trip whenever you need one. Location data helps improve our services, including pick-ups, navigation and customer support.
- You can enable/disable or adjust Eder’s collection or rider location information at any time through the Privacy Settings menu in the Eder app or via the settings on your mobile device. If you disable the device location services on your device, your use of the Eder app will be affected. For ex. you will need to enter your pick-up or drop-off locations manually. In addition, location information will be collected from the driver during your trip and linked to your account, even if you have not enabled Eder to collect your location information.
- Share live location (riders):
- if you have enabled the device location services on your mobile device, you can also enable Eder to share your location with your driver from the time you request a trip to the start of your trip. This makes it easer for your driver to pick you up.
- You can enable/disable location sharing with your driver at any time through the Privacy Settings menu in the Eder app. You can use the Eder app if you have not enabled location sharing, but it may be more difficult for your driver to locate you.
- Notifications: Account and trip updates
- Eder provides users with trip status notifications and updates related to your account. These notifications are a necessary part of using the Eder ap and cannot be disabled. You can however; choose the method by which you receive these notifications through the Privacy Settings menu in the Eder app.
- Notifications: Discounts and news
- You can enable Eder to send you push notifications about discounts and news from Eder. You can enable/disable these notifications at anytime through the Privacy Settings menu in the Eder app.
- Device Permissions: Most mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without your consent. These platforms have different permission systems for obtaining your consent. The iOS platform will alert you the first time the Eder app wants permission to access certain types of data and will let you consent (or not consent) to that request. Android devices will notify you of the permissions that the Eder app seeks before you first use the app, and your use of the app constitutes your consent.
- Feedbacks: After every trip, drivers and riders are able to provide feedback on how the trip went. This two-way system holds everyone accountable for their behaviour. Accountability helps create a respectful, safe environment for both riders and drivers. Your rider and driver feedback is available on the menu of the Eder rider app and driver app.
- Explanations, copies and correction: You can ask Eder to
- Provide a detailed explanation regarding the information Eder has collected about you and how it uses that information.
- Send you a copy of the information Eder has collected about you.
- Correct any inaccurate information that Eder has about you. You can make these requests by contacting Eder. You can also edit the name, phone number and email address associated with your account through the Settings menu in the Eder apps. You can also look up your trip history in the Eder app.
- Marketing Opt-outs: You can opt of receiving promotional emails from Eder. You can also opt of receiving emails and other messages from Eder by following the instructions in those messages. Please note that, if you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional messages, such as receipts for your trips or information about your account.
- About Cookies: Cookies are files, often including unique identifies, that are sent by web servers to web browsers and which may then be sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. Cookies can be used by web servers to identify and track users as they navigate different pages on a website and to identify users returning to a website. Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies.A persistent cookie consists of a text file sent by a web server to a web browser, which will be stored by the browser and will remain until its set expiry date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date). A session cookie on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user section, when the web browser is closed.
- Cookies on the website: we use both session cookies and persistent cookies on the website.
- To recognise your computer when you visit the website
- To track you as you navigate the website and to enable the use of any e-commerce facilities
- To improve the website’s usability
- To analyse the use of the website
- In the administration of the website
- To personalise the website for you, including targeting advertisements which may be of particular interest to you.
- Third Party Cookies: When you use the website, you may also be sent third party cookies. Our advertisers and service providers may send you cookies. They may use the information they obtain from your use of their cookies.
- To track your browser across multiple websites
- To build a profile of your web surfing
- To target advertisements which may be of particular interest to you
- Blocking Cookies: Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. For ex.
- In Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools – Internet Options – Privacy” and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. You can also delete cookies already stored on your computer by manually deleting cookie files.
- In Firefox, you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools – Options” and unchecking “Accept cookies from sites” in the “Privacy” box. In order to delete stored cookies from the computer, you need to ensure that cookies are to be deleted when you “clear private data” (this setting can be changed by clicking “Tools – Options and Settings” in the “Private Data” box) and then clicking “Clear private data” in the “Tools” menu
- In Google Chrome you can adjust your cookie permissions by clicking “Options – Under the hood” Content Setting in the “Privacy” section. Click on the Cookies tab in the Content Settings. In order to delete stored cookies from the computer, you can adjust your cookie permissions by clicking “Options – Under the hood”, Content Settings in the “Privacy” section. Click on the Cookies tab in the Content Settings.
- In Safari you can block cookies by clicking “Preferences”, selecting the “Privacy” tab and “Block Cookies”. In order to delete stored cookies from the computer, you can click “Preferences”, selecting the “Privacy” tab and “Remove all Website Data”
Blocking all cookies will however; have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you may not be able to use certain features on the website (log on, access content, use search functions)